As a university pursuing peace, Hiroshima University strongly protests Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- 4 July 2022, The conference program(tentative) is posted on the web site.
Please see the conference program page. The PDF file can be downloaded.
- 15 June 2022, Conference registration procedures have been started.
Please see the link to the conference registration site below.
LAM18 registration site.
Deadline for the early registration is 15 July 2022 (Japanese time).
- 8 June 2022, The conference time schedule has been posted on the web site.
Please see the conference schedule page.
- 25 May 2022, The information on the social programs newly added.
- 6 April 2022, The information on the invited speakers updated.
- Deadline of abstract submission extended to 8 April.
- 3 Mar. 2022, The 3rd circular announcements:
The abstract template as the word file can be downloaded from
Submit the filled form of this template to "office(at)lam-18.hiroshima-u.ac.jp".
We would also like you to answer to LAM18 participation forms per participant.
- 21 Feb. 2022, The list of invited speakers was updated.
- 31 Jan. 2022, Information on invited speakers and corespondence was updated.
- 21 Oct. 2021, The 1st circular announcements (a PDF file can be downloaded from here.)
- 31 Aug. 2021, Conference site open.
Since the 60s the state-of-the-art in the field of liquid and amorphous metals and alloys is the focus of an international conference, the “Liquid and Amorphous Metals conference” (LAM), which is today at its 18th edition. Born as a conference on liquid metals in 1966 at Brookhaven, since 1980 it has been renewed including amorphous metals (1980, Grenoble, France) and then has continued on a three years basis, with the last three editions held in Beijing, China, in 2013, in Bonn, Germany, in 2016 and in Lyon, France, in 2019. The 18th edition of the LAM will be hosted by Hiroshima University in Japan from the 4th to the 9th of September 2022, 50 years from 1972 when the second edition was held in Tokyo, Japan. The conference is held at JMS Aster Plaza Hiroshima International Youth House in Hiroshima city.